Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Honestly? No one reads this thing, so why worry...right?

I hate the punk scene.
I, robby.

I hate scenes, they do nothing but cause division.

"Up the punks" is the exact same rhetoric as "up the skins", "up the squatters", "up the crust", "up the indie", etc etc.
It
Is
the
same.
I'm sick of hearing punks talking shit on crusts, and druggies talking shit on straight-edge kids, and straight-edge kids talking shit on druggies, and indie kids talking shit on metal, etc etc.

When the scene is more important than a message, there is surely a problem.
When a kid who spouts peace, love, and brotherhood among humyns owns a gun, there is surely a problem.
When one complains of this or that band "selling out" simply because of little tiny things, because they didn't live up to that certain person's standards, there is a problem.
When someone spouts about how one is inferior to another based on sex, scene, religion, non-religion, musical taste, substance-taking, non-substance taking, there is surely a problem.

People who are talking against fascism are spouting consistent fascistic-like stand points.
People are complaining about a speck in one's eye, whilst a plank is in their own. (myself included, no need for me to spout ego-centrism, considering it is false, ego is false, ego is false and brings nothing but hurt.)
People point the finger and judge, but sometimes that finger belongs in front of a mirror (myself definitely included, especially at the moment)

I want to crawl onto some mountain and never leave.


Punk isn't a religion, seriously, it is music nothing else.

Why is this bothering me so much??

DIY is cool, though it becomes to focused on one's self.
Humyns are meant to be co-dependent, working together in community.
Individualist hymns do some good if you want a spirit booster, but too much and it becomes a cult where you worship that floating brown piece in your bowl with a hole to the sewers, conveniently located next to sink, or sometimes in some other place.

I'm done with individualism.
I'm done with violence.
I'm done with slogans.
I'm done with scenes.

Music is supposed to set us free, so why on earth are we trying to box it up? Give it rules? We act as though it's some sort of vampire, and if it does wrong, that we must get that darn stake.

Bands are not heroes.
Bandmembers are not gods.
Musicians search for the answers, consistently ask questions, and we do NOT have the answers.
Bands are regular people.
Bands have mistakes, loves, and pains.
Look up to certain aspects of this band or that, but if you just wish to be in total and complete awe of them, listen to every word they say as if it is from G-d's lips, then, my friend, you will be disappointed.

I love you.
I love my friends.
I love my enemies.
I love my family.
I want nothing bad to happen to anyone.

I only want to simply point my finger at the mirror, instead of just pointing it at someone else.
Take me away, someone.

The midwest calls for me.
That mountain is still begging for me to lay upon its rocks.
Southern Ireland's whispers are still ringing in my ears.
Repetition is creeping.
Apathy just walked right through my doorway and waved.
Melancholy has simply become engraved upon me as some tattoo.
I judge way too much, it's a damn curse.
I need to stop being Adam, and quit blaming Eve, it is MY fault.
I'm a failure, wrapped in my own confusion, and alas! I've caused another confusion i believe, risking something dear to me, causing one other to wrapped in confusion, because i just can't keep it to myself.
I'm too loudmouthed.
I'm too prideful.
I want to give nothing but love, but i do nothing but give despair, anger, absurdity, and grief.
It's time i shutup.

Spit on me when you see me next.
if not,
then please
steal me.
allvoices

1 comment:

transanima said...

yeah!


someone reads .. but still - why worry .. right?

smile